Friday, March 30, 2007

cats & plants

Yesterday was a nice enough day that I left one of the glass doors open downstairs as I played around on the computer, giving Sierra a chance to check out the terrace a bit. I only got 1 or 2 pictures, and not very good ones, as the battery on my camera was dying. But as you can see, she was pretty cautious and stuck pretty close to the door as she "explored." Part of me does worry that she'll take off running or something, but that doesn't fit her personality and I'm making sure to keep a close eye on her anyway anytime I let her venture outside (which has only been once or twice so far) so everything should be fine. I think she enjoys her chances to get some fresh air from time to time. =)

The 2nd and 3rd pictures are of the flowers on the side of our terrace. I'm not entirely sure what they are, but I'm very excited to see them start to bloom soon! I was just wondering yesterday if I should water them, as it hadn't rained in a few days, but then I woke up this morning to the pitter-patter of raindrops so that's taken care of. There was actually even some thunder this afternoon!!

When I got home this afternoon I walked into the kitchen to see a little grey and white kitty sitting on the window! It's a different cat from the one that Sierra and I saw last week. I brought Sierra to the window to see it, and again she didn't seem very wigged out at all but the grey kitty certainly didn't have the friendliest reaction-- it batted at the window a couple times and hissed, then stood there staring for a bit before wandering off. Sierra seemed surprisingly unperturbed. Maybe she knowns there's glass there so there's nothing to worry about? It makes me wonder... she got so freaked out when we got Charlie, maybe she'd be more accomodating to a new kitten now? Zach and I both like the idea of getting another friend for Sierra to play with, unfortunately I don't know how possible that really is... the biggest thing holding us back is thinking of bringing home TWO cats on the eventual plane ride back home to the states... Then again, wouldn't the joy of having a cute little kitten around outweigh the crappiness of one day of stress? Hmmm... ; )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...