Saturday, June 30, 2007

Geneva, Annecy, etc

Me and Pat enjoying some delicious jam cookies in Morges, Switzerland

Ok, so sorry about the non-updating this past week. I'm finding out the reason why it is that the rest of the world isn't as obsessed with blogging as I am... which is that, when you don't have hours of free time to do whatever, you sometimes *gasp!* forget to blog.

So let's see, Wednesday we drove around in the rain with Pat and her family... that night she came home with me and stayed here, just the 2 of us. Thursday we slept in a bit then headed into Geneva to meet up with Franciska for lunch. Pat wanted to take one of the little tourist mini-trains so we headed over to the Jardin Anglais and took the apparently famous solar-powered train that took us up the left bank of Lac Leman/Lake Geneva/whateveryouwannacallit. Which was actually pretty cool b/c I'd never gone up that far before and I discovered a tiny little sand beach along the lake, and some cool big gardens that Zach and I will have to explore later.

We then went in search of some cheap sunglasses for Pat, since she recently broke her Target pair, and afterwards we made our way to the Jardin Botanique and walked around the pretty flowers for a white, and sat down for an ice cream. It was sunny and warm, the first great day we've had in a while (I was SO HAPPY when I woke up that morning and saw blue sky out the window!). By the time we were done with that it was nearing 6pm and I was pretty tuckered out from all the walking around so we caught the bus back home and I showed Pat the pictures from our trip to Chile, etc.

While we were in town Pat got a message from her mom asking if we wanted to go to Annecy with them the next day (Friday). So we set it up to have Pat's mom (Lyn) and the uncle (Maurice) pick us up in the morning on the way out. Maurice's wife came,too, as did their 2 dogs! We drove out there and walked around the old part of town, which is full of shops and restaurants. Very cute. Then we went by the lake, which is touted as the cleanest lake in all of France, I think (that's what someone told us). It was another gorgeous day, and there were tons of people spread out along the huge green lawn leading up to the lake shore. I hear Annecy's a very popular swimming spot during the summer months.

Afterwards Maurice dropped me, Pat, and Lyn off at my house along with their stuff, and after a brief rest and a walk down to show them the horses, we went back to Pat's aunt (Dorothy)'s house, where they would spend the night before going up to Bern in the morning. Dorothy made a fabulous dinner for all of us, and before I knew it it was late and I was tired and Dorothy and Lyn were all but insisting I stay the night, so they set me up in a guest room with PJ's and everything. I called Zach and found out he'd be arriving at the airport at about 8:00am, so I woke up early, said my goodbyes, and was off to pick him up.

And now here we are, both home, both quite tired, and ready for a very lazy day hanging out with poor Sierra, who has been very lonely and neglected the past few days!

1 comment:

  1. it's so great that you guys have so many visitors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...