Thursday, June 21, 2007

Heartbeat!

Zach came with me to my check-up this morning. We did the usual stuff- blood, weight (haven't gained anything yet), etc. Then we did the ultrasound. The baby's 6 weeks and 4 days today, so still very teeny (about 8 mm), but there it was, a teensy little blob on the screen. And even better? The teensy little blob had a heartbeat. The dr didn't measure the rate, it might still be early for that, but the little pulsating heart was definitely there.

As we were leaving I turned to Zach and said "See? I wasn't making it up... there really is a baby in there!" ; )

The funny thing is, even though I know it's true... I almost still don't believe it. I look down at my belly, not showing signs of change yet (except when I'm feeling bloated, which is sort of baby's fault), and it seems so strange and amazing that there's a little living creature growing inside me. I just can't wait till I'm showing, then I'll hopefully feel like it's a bit more real. It'll probably also help when we share the news with more people.

Incredible, isn't it? All of it? In 8 months we'll have a little baby living with us, a little son or daughter. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...