Thursday, July 12, 2007

9 1/2 weeks

So far, so good. I'm still having a hard time really accepting this pregnancy as reality. I mean obviously we want it, and are happy, it's more like, I just still can;t imagine this little creature living in me-- this being that's now apparently about an inch long, with arms and legs that can move, and ears that might be fully formed (don't know if the brain can process sound yet, though). Seems so... surreal. Which seems to be my theme word for this whole experience so far.

There have been a few times when my belly seems to "pop" though it's more bloat than anything, and will go away after a few days. But it's still fun to look down and see something indicating that these changes really are going on inside.

I've been extremely lucky so far, with my main symptom being fatigue. I only had about 2-3 days back in my 6th week where my stomach felt weird, and I haven't had any food aversions, really. I have had what I guess you could call cravings. It's not the I MUST HAVE THIS NOW kind, more like I'll hear or see a certain kind of food (generally pizza or some sweet thing) and be like "wow, that sounds so good!" even if I'm completely full and would not want to eat anything. I almost paid $1.50 for a brownie at the store today b/c the idea of a rbownie just appealed to me so much... then I came to my senses (and remembered that we have brownie mix at home =P). It's funny how the tiredness will just hit me upside the head, though. After 2 days of laziness, today I decided to go into town for some errands... I spent about 3 hours walking around, and halfway through I just felt exhausted and am still recovering. I definitely consider myself very lucky to be in the situation I am in, to be able to be lazy when my body calls for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...