Thursday, July 26, 2007

women's intuition

When Zach came home this evening he saw our neighbor, Michelle, working on some flowers, and suggested to me that we invite her and Gerard over for some coffee or tea since it was a very nice evening out. We've been wanting to go ahead and share our baby news with them anyway, this seemed as good a time as any to do so.

So they came over, we sat outside while Sierra played around in the grass and chased a butterfly, and soon after I'd gotten everyone their drinks and sat down, Michelle turns to me with a sly grin and basically asks me if I'm with child.

Zach had not said anything yet.

I laughed and said yes, I'm due in February, etc. I guess it was grandmother's intuition? The only clue I can guess at is that a week or 2 ago she invited us over for tea and Zach declined for me b/c I was feeling too tired. Or maybe my belly is more obvious than I thought. Who knows... anyway, she seemed quite excited, as I expected, and even offered up some different baby stuff that she'd bought for her grandkids, when they were babies-- like a high chair, a crib, and a playpen, and some clothes and things.... WOOT!. She said I'll have to come over and have a look at them sometime. I knew they'd be awesome neighbors to have while having a baby! =P

Well, I should be off to bed. We leave for Italy tomorrow, and we're gonna try to get an early start. I'm sure I'll have some fun stories to tell when we return on Sunday. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...