Saturday, April 26, 2008

See, I don't ALWAYS complain about him...

I feel like a lot of my posts lately have been very gripey and I kinda sound like an ungrateful mother. Now, I know I have the right to vent b/c, well, this whole taking care of an infant thing is friggin hard. But there's also so many wonderful, amazing moments, and I tend not to chronicle those nearly as much. So here's some Donovan cuteness to help make up for it.

My friend Cathy gave us a Bumbo chair at my baby shower. Now, technically D shouldn't be using this till he's 6 months old, but his head control has been getting better lately and I couldn't resist sitting him in it for just a few minutes to see how he'd do. The results, as you can see, are beyond precious:

can you say ADORABLE?
(He's been holding his little hands together at his chest like that a lot lately, it sorta looks like he's plotting some genius plan, so cute!)

can you say ADORABLE?

D's really become a pro at smiling. He smiles at me all day long (except when he's crying... and even then he sometimes flashes one almost as if it were involuntary). When he wakes up even if he's fussing, when I peek over the edge of his basket and say hello he'll look at me and suddenly break out into a big grin. Sometimes he even gets all flirty, smiling at me and then turning his face away while still looking at me out of the corner of his eyes. Sometimes he smiles at me when he's nursing-- he'll be sucking away and then he'll look up at me and smile, nipple still in his mouth and everything.

IMG_3470

The other day I even got a laugh out of him! I was dancing his arms and legs around (which he LOVES, thinks it's hilarious apparently) and he let out a little giggle. It was AWESOME. I've been trying to get him to do it again, but no go yet.

And then there are the times when he looks at me like I'm crazy:

can you say ADORABLE?

IMG_3424

Maybe it's b/c I do stuff like put a rubber duckie on his tummy...

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures :) And don't worry about complaining, being a new mom is tough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:42 PM

    THESE ARE THE MOST ADORABLE PICTURES I HAVE EVER SEEN.

    I don't think you sound ungrateful or gripey at all. A lot of times your frustration comes from not knowing how to best care for D (as in, how to "fix" what's making him upset) - you're frustrated because you want to help him and do what's best for him, and that's challenging. And even if you were griping, this is your blog, for cryin' out loud. Griping is what it's for.

    BUT FEEL FREE TO KEEP POSTING MORE PHOTOS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:51 PM

    oh my. he looks like a little baby friar with his hands all folded sitting up in his chair. so cute. what a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE - and I don't think you sound gripey either, just honest and interesting, and like a new mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:36 PM

    IT IS NOT FAIR FOR ONE LITTLE BABY TO BE SO BLEEPING ADORABLE.

    (I know I gushed already, but I read your new post, then looked at the photos again, and had to reiterate.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...