Thursday, May 15, 2008

astonishing, incomprehensible, amazing, incredible

I'm not going to talk about the fact that it took nearly 2 hours to get D to go to sleep tonight.

Nor am I going to talk about the $300 bill we received in the mail today, a charge for unclogging our shower drain, which our landlord will not cover.

Instead, I am going to marvel over the astonishing, incomprehensible, amazing, and just plain incredible fact that something that a year ago looked approximately like this:

Has, in just one year, grown into this:

IMG_4121

Even more amazing? That all that growth is because of me. It was my body that nourished that little cell and allowed it to grow into an embryo, then a fetus, then a little baby, and it is now the food my body produces just for him that's allowed him to go from an 8lb newborn to a 13lb smiley, giggly (and at times screamy) adorable little baby boy.

That knowledge is empowering, and humbling, at the same time. It blows my mind that something could grow and develop and change so quickly. He is so fun to play with, so wonderful are those smiles and giggles, and I can't wait to take him back to Texas to show him off and meet his family.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:30 PM

    YOU AND YOUR BODY ARE INCREDIBLY AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...