Thursday, June 12, 2008

11 days and counting...

We leave for the US next Sunday. WOOT!!!!! It'll be D's first trip to the US, ever, and my first time back in 9 months. It doesn't quite seem real yet, and honestly when I do start thinking about the trip I then start kinda freaking out about flying internationally with a 4 month old. But then again I kinda figure that even if it's 14 hours of pure hell, well, then it'll be over after that, and we'll be in Texas with all our family, many of whom get to meet D for the very first time, and that's super super super exciting. =)

I have a feeling that by the time we come back from our 2 week visit D's gonna be totally spoiled, not having hardly ever touched the floor or been out of someone's arms. ; ) I think my mom's already planning to be practically attached to him the entire time. I know I keep saying this and probably am starting to sound like a broken record, but my god whenever I think about walking out of the terminal at the airport and having the entourage that I'm sure will be there get to see him, and seeing the looks on the faces of D's grandparents and aunts and uncles, and spending two weeks watching them play with him, and watch in wonder, as I do, when he does things like stick a toy in his mouth or grab his feet (a first yesterday!!), and see them fall even more in love with him than they already are... well it just fills my heart with joy and my eyes with tears. And maybe future trips won't be quite as special as this very first one, but it makes me want to do this more than just a couple times a year. I imagine once we move back, that D and I will be quite regular passengers on that California-Texas flight path. (D, I hope you like flying...)

As for the flight itself... I imagine I'll be bringing lots of toys, nursing him lots, and hoping he flashes that grin and adorable dimple at other passengers and wins them over that way. ; )

3 comments:

  1. He will be fine on the flight! We had a bulkhead seat and a bassinet and actually never put Finn in it, we used it for storage, I am not sure how that happened! We definitely fed him a lot, and he ended up sleeping 4.5 of the 8.5 hour flight, which messed up our sleeping the first night but it was worth it. The rest of the time we walked, we talked, we read books and played with toys. It went much quicker than we thought it would! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:04 AM

    YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. When A was 3 months we took our first trip to CH from Texas, and she either nursed or slept the whole time! D will be fine. Enjoy your trip! I know just the feeling you describe - it was like that when we arrived in CH for the first time. Our niece(then 12) burst into tears when she saw us. It was very sweet.

    You're going to have a great time! Bring a couple changes of clothes for him (and at least one extra top for you), more diapers than you think you'll need, a couple of small blankets, and don't worry about too many toys, and make sure your top is BF friendly. It'll go well I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...