Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bouncing Baby Boy

I can't remember if I've blogged about this yet or not, but a week or 2 ago I bought D one of those baby jumper contraptions, the kind that you hook onto a doorway and have a harness attached so baby can hop and jump and flail their legs and body to their little hearts' content. I've usually been kinda weary of those things, as they seem to me to be kinda made to let baby smack right into the doorway, but alas I was looking for something new and fun for him, and something he could do upright, and at $80 this was a much better option than the sorry-looking death-trap walkers that were selling for $200+. He also recently developed the ability to hold his own weight up on his legs if I "stand him up" and it's something he finds WAY COOL and laughs and smiles when I let him do it, so I figured something that allowed him to practice using his legs like this might be a hit.

The verdict? AWESOME. Ok, so he's only really interested in it for about 10 minutes before he starts fussing, but for those 10 minutes.. holy crap, it's utterly hilarious. He kicks and flails his legs around, causing him to jump and dance like something straight out of a Backstreet Boys video, and the smiles and laughs that result (both his and mine) are just priceless.

bouncer

bouncer

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! Looking so grown up. Love your pretty bathroom too :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:06 AM

    I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM LIVE AND IN PERSON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is too cute! Love the shots.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...