Monday, September 01, 2008

Hectic

Last night I got about 4 hours of sleep before D needed a feeding at 2am. And then, I couldn't seem to get back to sleep. I may have dozed off and on somewhat, but nothing considered meaningful rest. So finally at 4:30 I got up and caught up on stuff online waiting for the kiddo to wake at 6:30ish. I'm kind of amazed that I'm not a zombie right now, but then again it seems to go this way-- I can have one night of godawful sleep and be fine the next day, but if it continues at all it hits me like a ton of bricks. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Zach came home from work a bit early today and we did some organizing in preparations for the movers coming in just a couple days. The nice thing is we have lovely, lovely neighbors who have offered us everything from kitchen utensils to sheets to guest bedrooms and so we have a lot less stuff that we'll need to hold on to and figure out what to do with in the end. We had a mini-gong away party last night, mostly with people from the village, and it went off really nicely. It's always kinda cool to see that people seem to like you and will miss you. It seems that, at least for our village, the classic Swiss stereotype (of being cold and unwelcoming) isn't very accurate. Meme, the manager of the restaurant nextdoor, came by after most people had left. She's um, a bit of a character. I must admit I'm kinda scared by her. She's, well, kinda gruff. You wouldn't want to mess with her. But she also can be very nice, and it seems we have gotten on her good side, and in the recent months she's offered to take us to the airport for trips and last night offered to let us borrow about any kitchen item that we'd need for these last few weeks, along with a table and chairs from the restaurant, and even a blow-up mattress and sheets if we so desire. Certainly helps make life a bit easier at this point.

Tomorrow D and I will have a busy day in town, running some needed errands. Wednesday will be spent making sure we've got everything set for the movers to come on Thursday, and that everything's in its appropriate pile/space so all goes or stays as planned. Friday all our packed boxes will be loaded and taken away, and my brother arrives in the afternoon. We'll spend the weekend here before heading off to the Valais to meet my mom and step-dad for a week in the mountains. So excited about that-- D has grown and changed so much, they're going to have so much fun playing with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...