Wednesday, November 26, 2008

In honor of Thanksgiving...

Jessica recently wrote a 100 Things I Love post. In honor of Thanksgiving, below is a similar list of things I love and am grateful for.
  1. The (what feels like) extremely short 3 hour flight to see family.
  2. California sunshine.
  3. Parents and in-laws that get along with both Zach and I.
  4. Parents and in-laws that get along with each other.
  5. Not having to choose which set of family we'll spend which holidays with.
  6. Donovan's toes.
  7. The way Zach plays with Ryan, my 5 yr old niece.
  8. Donovan's giggle.
  9. Old friends I've known forever and see rarely, but when we do get together it's like slipping into your favorite pair of jeans every time.
  10. Donovan's dimple.
  11. My fabulous husband.
  12. My fabulous camera, which has allowed me to record Donovan and all his adorable details (see #6 and #10) so perfectly these past 10 months. I know I will treasure these photos for the rest of my life.
  13. Loved ones who encourage and challenge me.
  14. A warm kitty to snuggle up on my legs at night.
  15. The internet.
  16. Fellow mom friends who understand exactly what I'm going through. Sometimes a heartfelt "I've been there, too!" is all you need to end your self-pity party.
  17. Pumpkin pie.
  18. Breastfeeding, and the way it's helped me get back into my pre-baby jeans.
  19. Breastfeeding, and the way it helped D go nine months before getting his first cold (and no ear infections yet!).
  20. The way I can make everything better for D when he's upset. I treasure it now as I know it won't last.
  21. Jen finding a permanent job in San Francisco, meaning we get to see her all the time.
  22. Walking to the farmer's market on Sundays.
  23. Blogging.
  24. My health. And that of my husband, and my perfect, sweet, healthy baby boy.
  25. And for so many other blessings in my life that go unnoticed and unappreciated so much of the time, I give thanks. Life is good, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Aw...

    I love the way Zach plays with Ryan, too. And that other tlittle girl in Geneva, too. He's so much fun to watch with little kids. :)

    And many of us are also grateful for your camera. And you not having to choose between families for holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second what Cristina said! And I'm pretty grateful for the fact that family is nearby me, too :) but I still can't WAIT for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...