Friday, December 05, 2008

Vintage

vintage toy
I remembered this wooden teether recently, something my mother-in-law had given me years ago. It was in a christmas tin along with some ornaments and other random things. The teether had belonged to Zach as a baby. The ornaments, had been made by him over the years. We've got a few other assorted items that used to be Zach's-- a wooden car that D loves to play with, blue corduroy overalls, other shirts in larger sizes including Zach's old Little League shirt, the yellow high chair we used in Texas. I love that we have these hand me downs that D gets to use/wear now, that were worn nearly 3 decades ago by his daddy.

Somewhere I have a stuffed rabbit that I think I've had since I was 2 or 3, but other than that I don't think I have anything saved from when I was little... not surprising considering that we moved intercontinentally with just a few suitcases to carry all our things. After going through two international moves, I have a whole new level of awe of my mom, having moved with 4 kids and no company to help set things up, no boat shipment for all those valuables that don't fit in a suitcase. I wonder if anyone in Chile has any of our old things still, or if it's all long gone.

Jen's coming down for the weekend tomorrow, we actually haven't seen her in about a month, I think, she's been so busy with film festivals and such. Zach and I are both convinced that D's gone through a growth spurt in the past week or so, I'm waiting to see her reaction when she sees him again. As great as it was being in Texas last week, it felt like something was missing with both Jenny back here and Daddy in Chile. It'll be so cool to have them both be around for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. that's a pretty awesome teether-great find

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my mom kept a lot of my stuff.. I think she can't wait for the day to pull it all out again.. who knows though.. And in photos, I'd agree that D has gone through a growth spurt, didn't crawling happen?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...