Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Warning: More Poop Talk

I'm so ready for this stupid bug to run its course. I've been doing ok dealing with it all- you have to. Your kid gets sick, you roll with it. You clean up the shit, you find the humor in the situation, and you focus on trying to help your kid feel better, and making sure they're eating if they feel like it and drinking enough liquids. But sometimes, you just get fed up. The past couple days D's only been having 2-3 poopy diapers a day, a vast improvement from the 5+/day of the previous days, but the low number means higher quantity of poop per diaper. Which means much greater chance for blow-outs. And we had a fairly major one this afternoon.

I won't get into it too much, as I know I'm already violating all sorts of TMI laws even talking about diarrhea and poop so much on here, but the thing that gets to me the most is just how unclean everything feels. Washing my hands between every step in the post-blowout cleaning process, and still feeling like I'm contaminating the entire bathroom, like I never truly get my hands clean, and I just wish I could douse everything with bleach. I'm practically drinking Purell. And it sucks doing a load of laundry, or scrubbing the bathtub (where we've been rinsing stuff out) to try to get things clean knowing that in as little as a few hours there'll be more dirty clothes and the tub will get dirty again. Boo.

And in being all environmentally conscious and using canvas bags always when shopping, we are down to about 3 plastic bags left and are in serious need to restoring our stash. So the canvas bags will be retired for a bit.

Ok, enough of all that. I will all be over soon enough. And now it's time for bed. And to get our minds off all the poop talk, here's some super sweet baby toes. C;mon, you know you can't resist these little piggies.
day360

1 comment:

  1. It's your blog and you can talk about poop if you want to!!!

    Sorry about all the poop (in the literal and figurative sense).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...