Monday, August 31, 2009

Pat & Anton

I met Pat when we both were training for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, I think summer of 2007? We bonded instantly over our shared experiences as Montessori teachers, cat lovers, and fellow igrants from distant lands that no one would guess by just looking at or listening to us (she was born and raised in the Philippines). She's one of those people where the friendship developed easily, conversation flowing freely as we walked practice mile and practice mile clad in our pink gear. She lives a little ways up the peninsula so we don't see each other as much as might be nice, but it's always fun when we do.

She and her long-time boyfriend got engaged earlier this year and are planning a huge Philippino wedding in Manila for January, but decided to have a smaller, casual civil ceremony this past weekend. And she asked me to be their photographer. I was more than a bit nervous, wanting to make sure I did a good job. I rented a Canon 24-105mm f/4L lens, asked her about poses/photos she really wanted, then just kinda let the day lead me. Lighting was a bit difficult, as the ceremony was outdoors at 12 noon, but we found some shade and I think it worked out ok.

Zach took care of D most of yesterday afternoon, so I was able to sit down and go through about half of the pictures in Lightroom. It was fun, and I discovered a few new tips and tricks so that was cool. Here are some of my favorite ones so far, and I think they give you a peek into why I am so fond of these two. None of the poses were really my idea, Pat had sent me a few that she'd seen elsewhere and others just sort of... happened. I kinda just was there with my camera, snapping away at everything as best I could.


The rest of the ceremony/park photos are over here. Hopefully this afternoon I can start on the reception/lunch...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:55 PM

    I was drooling over those shots on your Flickr page this am. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun whimsical shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy Besser11:09 AM

    Marcy, these are so stunning. You have an amazing talent and this couple must be thrilled with their photos... way to go! Kathy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...