Saturday, October 09, 2010

bittersweetness


It was so strange dropping Zach and D off at the airport yesterday.  D was so excited about the flight, looked so adorable, and I felt such tugging at my heartstrings to watch them go inside the airport.  It's pretty nice being all on my own, without a 2 year old to dictate our day and schedule... but gosh do I miss him (and Zach, too, of course).  I talked to Zach and my mom for a few minutes earlier today, it does seem like D is having a grand time in Texas.... as usual. ; )

I'm torn between using this time to take advantage and get out to do things that are harder to do with a kid, like explore the adorable-looking shops nearby or treat myself to a solo brunch out at a restaurant with no distractions, and spending the time lounging around at home and just relaxing since that is also a very rare activity normally.  So, I'm kinda doing a little of both.  And, I'm catching up on some reading and to-do's that I usually don't ever get around to.  Today I slept in a bit, uploaded some photos, did a few chores around the house, and spent the afternoon window-shopping and reading magazines at Barnes & Noble.  Maybe tomorrow I'll spend a bit of time on Etsy, getting a start on my Christmas shopping.

But now, to bed.  Good night. =)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:10 AM

    Wow, how wonderful to have some time to yourself! But I understand how you feel about not having the toddler around. It's definitely bittersweet. Enjoy the silence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your family's loss. That really is tough and you are being wise to stay home and rest while they go. This is bittersweet...but...please do enjoy the time alone without guilt :). it's a rare opportunity.
    p.s. i'm working FRANTICALLY to get a website going and an etsy shop to try and get my bookmarks for sale for christmas. i may just start posting htem on my blog in the meantime...but i wanted to try and be more professional from the get go. but that means getting up VERY early. eek.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...