Sunday, December 05, 2010

waiting waiting waiting

No baby yet.

I kinda feel like a ticking time bomb.  I keep feeling like my body is getting ready for labor, especially with all the Braxton-Hicks... but then nothing really happens.  I'm trying to just relax and not think about it, but it's hard not to get frustrated at times, like when the BHs and general crampiness keep me from being able to sleep at night.  Days are sometimes better, but then I've spent a lot of today with a constant dull ache in my lower back and belly, punctuated by BHs throughout the day.  And, this is basically how it's been all week long and it's getting pretty old.  At least now with Mom here (she flew in Thursday night) I'm able to rest/take naps while she plays with D.

Yesterday morning Zach and I went on a sort-of date to REI to check out their scratch-and-dent sale (he's looking for snow shoes).  I figured a morning walking around and spending time on my feet might help bring labor on... but nope.  I'm thinking I need to figure out a project to work on or books to read or something to keep me occupied and busy so I'm not just sitting around, twiddling my thumbs waiting for this baby to come.  I suppose I should be enjoying this time, the "calm before the storm" so to speak, but I just feel so ready to a) be done being pregnant and b) get to meet this baby (and also, I'd really like to maximize on having this help from my mom, which is great now but will be even more needed post-baby).

So. That's where we're at.

3 comments:

  1. Working on an easy to leave project I think would help. I'm checking in and thinking about you! We saw our other friend who is Due Dec 19 today, second child as well, but she hasn't gotten to your stage yet..

    Enjoy the time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember that stir crazy period before the birth. We went on LOTS of day trips- swimming in the American up in the Auburn Ravine, exploring the Delta, drives to Jackson... you name it. Hang in there- your baby knows exactly the right time to make his appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:59 PM

    Congratulations Marcy and Zach! I ignore Twitter for a day and lo and behold you pop out a baby when my back is turned LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...