Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Montessori Post-- Montessori And Attachment Parenting

I've been wanting to explore this topic for a while, and finally got around to writing a coherent post recently.  I know I have many Attachment Parenting-minded readers, and also many who identify with or are at least interested in Montessori, so I would love to hear your thoughts (there's already a fascinating discussion going on in the comments... and for once that it not a euphemism for an angry debate! ; )

Here's an excerpt from my post:


I have always wanted to raise my children in a Montessori manner.  I want them to attend a Montessori school and even created a Montessori-inspired home environment. Taking the Assistants to Infancy course was not an option for me before having children, so I did the next best thing by reading books such as Montessori from the Start for guidance. I am far from perfect, but I l think I have done an OK job of weaving the Montessori philosophy into my parenting style.
Since my first son’s birth 3 years ago, I have also gravitated towards Attachment Parenting. Yet, I have started to question: are these two philosophies compatible?

Click here to read the full post and comments so far.  While you're at it, there are also several other wonderful posts up discussing creativity in the Montessori classroom, how we handle praise, and the seemingly-random but fascinating way that children can go from one starting interest to discover information in many different areas/subjects of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...