Friday, August 12, 2011

A brief pit stop (and pictures)

So, we're back.  We flew back home yesterday, with my mom and Philip on the flight with us.  They sat in a different part of the plane and had Quinn with them almost the entire time.  I don't know if it's his age or the comparison against Quinn, but by now Donovan is such an easy traveler.  This was probably the most relaxing plane trip I have taken since he was born, because he was just so chill (and someone else was taking care of the baby).  It gives me hope that in another couple years, once Quinn is also 3ish, family travel might be a lot easier.  Here's hoping we luck out with two easy travelers...

It is so nice to be home.  Being back in our house and in our neighborhood (and yes, out of the 100+ degree temperatures) feels so, so wonderful.  I didn't realize just how much I missed it all.

Mom and Philip have been watching the kids most of the time since getting back yesterday, allowing me to unpack and sort pictures before we all head up to the mountains on Sunday for a week.  Part of me is craving just being back to completely normal, for life to settle down and not have another trip ahead of us.  But, I'm also really looking forward to our annual excursion to Tahoe.  It's always so beautiful up there, and I'm really excited about some of the other family who'll be arriving in the next two days to join us.

Here are just a few photos of Quinn and his cousin, who had a grand time together in Texas.  We are most definitely looking forward to seeing them again in a few days and spending next week together again.
The animated debates begin early....

Isn't he just gorgeous???


Quinn gives us this look often.  I don't know what it means, but does not look good.

And this was from one of the first days after we arrived, when he screamed bloody murder anytime I was not holding him.  Thank God he got over that after the first week or so... (though we've also seen that face a lot in the past 24 hours, I think the poor kid's teething and while the first 2 teeth that showed up came pretty easy, whichever ones are coming in next are making him completely miserable)


Click here to see more photos.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had an easy flight. Thank goodness for grandparents!!! And Tahoe, I know it will be fun. I always enjoy all of your photos and am envious of the great time you have with family!!! We arrive apparently to CA in 3 wks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you were going to do it alone! Glad it was an easy flight with the g-rentals along to help with Q.

    I love that picture of RJ!
    Anjea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...