Sunday, April 29, 2012

when photography and toddlers don't mix

A couple of weeks ago Zach and I walked over to a nearby park with the boys. I've been relying more and more on my phone for taking pictures, but this time I decided to dust off my dslr and bring it along. I've felt very stagnant with photography, and wanted to try to practice a few things-- like shooting in fully manual mode.  I normally use the aperture priority setting since it gives me a good balance of control over the settings I care most about, and automation so I can capture my fast-moving kids without having to constantly re-adjust everything.  But I do also want to get more comfortable with shooting manually for those times when it's needed.

I took lots of pictures of the kiddoes, of course.  Then I also took some time to shoot some of the flowers that have started blooming this spring. At one point I was on my elbows and knees in the grass trying to photograph the daisies, and all of a sudden Quinn tackled my head (jumping and climbing on Mama is so! much! fun!).  I wish I had a picture of that moment.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Incoming! (I kept a closer eye on him after that first tackle)

1 comment:

  1. Love the dandelion photo. It is rare to see one fully in tact, and the photo is so clear that you can actually see all the little puffs. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...