Wednesday, November 28, 2012

list blogging 11.28.12

Listening: over the weekend I made a spotify playlist of a bunch of the country music I was so into back in the early 90's. It's been a trip listening to Reba McEntire and George Strait again.

Eating: leftover pumpkin pie.

Drinking: a cup of tea (with milk and sugar, of course)

Feeling: good, but tired (ha! what else is new?). It's been about 3 weeks since my surgery and my incision doesn't bother me much anymore which is great, but my energy levels are still kinda dragging... better than before, but still get tired more easily than normal.  I'm under doctor's orders to still (try to) take it easy for another few weeks.

Weather: I looked at my weather app earlier today and the high for friday is 25 degrees F.  It is getting cold, people. Though still no snow, other than the occasional snowflakes.

Wanting: to get back to our usual routine.  It's been a month of disruptions, between the surgery and recovery and then D getting sick last week, etc. I'm ready to get back to "normal" again.

Needing: to plan out our time in Austin next month.  We'll be there for 3 weeks which is a long time, but there's always lots to fit in-- seeing local friends, Zach and I want to take advantage of grandparently support to take a kid-free overnight trip somewhere, and I may try to take the boys to DFW to see my sis and her family one weekend...

Thinking: about Quinn's birthday coming up. I still don't know what exactly I want to do, how big of a party to have.  Which I guess I need to figure out stat because it's less than 2 weeks away.

Enjoying: watching Parenthood on netflix; reading Susan Cain's book about introverts; spending time with friends and their adorable kiddoes.

Wondering: about where we'll go from here-- Zach's started submitting applications for his summer internship.  Many of the firms have offices in a few different cities, so we're talking more about where we may want to live and the pros and cons of different locations.  It's weird and difficult to weigh options when it's all this big hypothetical with no offers or even knowing who'll want to interview him or offer him an internship (let alone a job, though of course I think he'll have his pick because I think he's awesome like that), but then again we've kinda lived in a state of limbo the past, um, 6-7 years? So I'm kinda used to it in a way....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...