Saturday, October 05, 2013

saturday musings

We had a pretty low-key saturday over here. Quinn's finally come down with the fever that's been going around so wasn't feeling too great, but managed to sleep ok overnight. He went back and forth today between mopey, whiny, lying-miserably-on-the-couch periods and his usual bouncing-off-the-walls energy. The tired, droopy eyes were kind of a constant all day, though.

I managed to not only go for a run this morning, but happy timing coincidences meant I got to run with Jody. Which was great because a) I was feeling kinda tired and if I'd been on my own I probably would have wussed out and walked part of the way and b) it's always nice to get a chance to chat without refereeing kids at the same time.

Zach took Donovan to watch part of the Tuck rugby game today, then they picked up some costumes at a local sale. For the past month or two both D and Q have been really excited about dressing as Firestar (from the old Spiderman and His Amazing Friends show from the 80's) for Halloween, which I've been totally for. Then this morning he started waffling, and Zach and D came back from shopping with Iron Man and Spiderman costumes.  So I guess that's that.

It's still been relatively warm most days (at least by mid-day... we're in that weird time of year when the morning and afternoon temperatures can vary by as much as 30 degrees), but as much as it pains me I'm trying to get our winter stuff sorted so there are no surprises whenever it does get cold and/or snow. Last week I got the first newsletter from D's school warning of expected snow "sometime in the next month" and my chest kinda clenched up. I'm not ready for that AT ALL. We'll enjoy this mild weather while it's still here...

I'm continuing to be totally smitten with the new camera (as you can tell from all the photo posts), though also feeling a bit caught between wanting to take lots and lots of pictures with it and also overwhelmed by then having to DO something with them. Last night I worked through a backlog of photos that needing culling and keywording, now I have a set that I want to find time to really play around with (including some fun macros from in/around our bushes). It's fun, though, and it's really interesting noticing how this camera captures light and color differently from my older one. Interestingly, I also kinda feel like I'm on a roll creatively with my phone, feeling pretty proud of some of the pictures I've been capturing with it lately. Of course, it helps to start with a really beautiful setting. I'm really in love with these pics I took of the boys playing on the grounds at D's school last week (all processed with the VSCOcam app).

Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...